This whole journey has been a learning process for me. Not only am I becoming very familiar with the paperwork and red tape associated with international adoption but I am learning in small ways more about God and what it looks like to trust Him daily.
We turned in a huge part of our home-study the other night. The information on this particular paper has been prayed over and discussed at length. Just turning it in was huge step of surrender for me. The paperwork I am speaking of is a special needs chart required by India concerning a waiting child adoption. The two page paper consists of a list of needs with spaces where we have to indicate which needs we feel our family can accept. Talk about heart-wrenching. Just the thought of saying no to needs makes me think of some child in India who will remain orphaned. Shew. Thankfully I have a rational half...my handsome hubby who sat down with me and helped me talk and pray through the separate needs. In the end there were some needs we had to say no to, especially considering the rural area in which we live and the resources at our disposal. Even now as I write this my heart feels heavy and every time I think of that chart I have to offer up a prayer of surrender to the Lord. In the end I know that nothing will stand in the way of what God desires for our family. This was a huge step for us and gets us even closer to bringing our daughter home.
Our small family continues to covet your prayers because behind the piles of paperwork and months of waiting there is a little girl somewhere in India who is without a family. My heart yearns for the day when I can hold her and tell her the story of how she came to us and how our great God wove this family together. There are days this mother's heart aches but praise God that he is using this period to refine my faith and hopefully to show others the amazing love and faithfulness of a personal God. We are one more step closer to meeting our precious daughter.
Kristen & Jon...you two are so special...It's ok to say no to some of the needs...you are making such sacrifices that so many of us would not be able to make...God will send your little girl to you soon! Love & Prayers
ReplyDelete